Tuesday, January 5, 2016

First, A Look Back

Before plunging straight into the new year ahead, I want to take a look back at the successes of the past year and maybe create a platform to build upon going into 2016.

I've gotten my Etsy shop, the Blueberry Loft, stocked and selling. It did quite a bit better than I had imagined it would--who knew? So my plan is to create more inventory and hopefully continue this endeavor as the year goes on.

I finally reached and surpassed my fifty pound weight loss goal and have lost sixty pounds total. I made it through the holidays without any gains and am looking forward to fitting into a size two later this year!

I successfully ran my first 10k and loved it! It was a gorgeous fall morning, the weather was cool and overcast with a slight drizzle--perfect for a good run. I was very happy with my time which was much better than I'd anticipated: 1:05:15, and this year plan to PR that in each of the two 10k's I want to run. I've been doing a lot of speed work since racing season ended and hope to get my pace up a good bit this year. Next year I'll be moving into a new age bracket and being on the young end of it, I plan to contend for a win!

I rowed in several water races and managed a first place win in the Slocum River Regatta Challenge with the team Lorelei--wins are always gratifying and encouraging to keep on at what you're doing! Rowing is so much fun and great exercise, winning a good race is like icing on the cake!

I've also finally started drawing again, a long lost passion that, for the life of me, I can't imagine why I ever gave it up! My favorite of the year was a portrait of our grandpuppy, Monticore:

This was given as a Christmas gift to Ashlee and Kyle. I'm working my way through several drawing books and had signed up for a drawing class at our local Voc-Tech but it was sadly cancelled due to personal reasons for the teacher. I'm hoping they'll reoffer the class for spring, but in the meantime, I'll just keep practicing!

So, that's the best of the best of 2015. I'm definitely looking forward to what 2016 holds in store for us. It's going to be a good, good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment