So why am I starting back? I still waste a good half hour playing a PC game every morning that I can easily drop and use that time more productively. I've signed up for a couple online challenges this year that I'd like to actually be able to link up blog posts and share my work again. And I've found blogging can be a helpful accountability tool as well. So, I'm back to sharing and blogging--for now. If I find myself spending too much time at it, it may just go back to the chopping block. I did learn to set some priorities in 2015 and I plan to stick with it.
And so to begin this new blog as we embark on another new year, I thought I'd share my list of goals and my One Word for 2016:
- Draw at least five days a week
- Expand offerings on Etsy
- Work towards commissions (get my work out there!)
- Calendar drawings
- Run the New Bedford Half Marathon
- PR my 10k time
- Reach race pace of 9:35/mi
- Read 25 books
Road Races for 2016
- March-New Bedford Half Marathon
- April-South Coast CARE 5k
- June-Fairhaven Father's Day 10k
- July-Mattapoisett 5 mile; Fisherman's Tribute Fund 5k
- Sept-Acushnet 4.1 mile; Fort Phoenix 5k
- October-Spooky Spooner 10k
My One Word for 2016 is Commit.
Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and He will establish your plans.