Sunday, May 15, 2016

Week One in the Bag

Our first week with Bella has come and gone, thankfully without incident. We're still keeping her and Tucker separated. Work schedules this past week wouldn't allow for much time at home to work with the two of them on leashes and I'm just not ready to risk any fighting or injury due to a jealous spat. So, still juggling the two between rooms and yard time for now. Tucker is at least showing signs of mellowing. He's not rushing at the door to snap at Bella when he sees her on the other side and as he watched her out in the yard this morning, his little stumpy wagged happily. Good, good signs! I have such hope for these two--I want them to be the best of friends!

Bella continues to be super anxious at times, especially when it comes to food. It tears my heart to shreds to see her precious face in such a crazed panic over treats and meal times. I only wonder if she'll ever calm down and trust in regular meals and an abundance of treats like Pea and Tuck just casually take for granted. I also wish she'd gain more weight--it's terrible seeing her ribs, hips and spine so clearly. I go into Mama overdrive and have to hold myself in check--I don't want to make her sick with overeating either. She's doing really well, though. Everything will come together in time. Hard to be patient!!

Other exciting news in the family this week is all about Michael! He received his much anticipated acceptance letter to the Greater New Bedford Vocational Technical High School and this morning he is also being confirmed at church. I couldn't be more proud of him. I have to do double takes some times looking at this tall young gentleman he's becoming, quick with a laugh and smile, just like his grandfather--and also just as quick with a jibe and argument like his dad. Smart, kind, funny--he's such a great kid. Love him to bits!!

No comments:

Post a Comment